2022 ABAI Boston – Health, Sport & Fitness Related Events
The 2022 ABAI Conference in Boston is this week from May 26 to 30. As you plan your schedule, check out these health, sport and fitness related events:
Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport and Fitness SIG Sponsored Events
- #143 Health, Sport and Fitness SIG Grant Recipients: Exciting New Areas of Research
Saturday May 28 - 5-5:50pm. Meeting Level 1; Room 156A
- #170 Behavior Analysis in Health Sport and Fitness SIG Expo Poster (105)
Saturday May 28 - 8-10pm. Exhibit Level; Exhibit Hall A
Other Health, Sport and Fitness Related Events
- Saturday May 28
- 11-11:50am. #47 Creating Your Dream Job: Self-Advocacy and Burnout Prevention in Applied Work Settings. Chair: Christina King. Meeting Level 1; Room 153C.
- 12-12:50pm. #64 Applied Behavior Analysis in Integrative Healthcare. Chair: Matthew Normand. Meeting Level 1; Room 103
- 12-12:50pm. #70 Behavioral Interventions Targeting Teacher Stress and Burnout. Chair: Julianne DiCocco. Meeting Level 2; Room 205B
- 3-3:50pm. #111 Measurement and Analysis of the Relation Between Supervision and Burnout Among Applied Behavior Analysis Professionals. Chair: Isabella Massaro. Meeting Level 1; Room 153C.
- 3-4:50pm. #126 Organizational Behavior Management, and Leadership: A Discussion of Definitions and Best Practice Among Three Vital Areas of Professional Emphasis in Behavior Analysis. Chair: Jacob Sadavoy. Meeting Level 2; Room 253A-C [Includes: The Application of Supervision Competencies in Sports, Health and Fitness]
- 3-4:50pm. #121 Creating Action Circles to Advance the Use of Evidence-Based Practices. Saturday May 28, 3-4:50pm. Chair: Elizabeth Virginia Krulder. Meeting Level 1; Room 156B [Includes: An Action Circle to Increase the Availability of Behavior Analysts in Healthcare Settings]
- 5-5:50pm. #147. Disordered Behavioral Processes and Diet-Induced Obesity. Kimberly Kirkpatrick. Meeting Level 1, Room 154.
- Sunday May 29
- 9-9:50 am. #199 Impact on Maternal and Infant Outcomes by Intervening With Maternal Health Behavior. Chair: Michele Traub. Meeting Level 1; Room 102B
- 11-11:50am. #234 Extending the Reach of Applied Behavior Analysis to Health and Social Justice Domains. Chair: August Holtyn. Ballroom Level 3; Ballroom East/West
- 11-11:50am. #235. The Application of Behavioral Science to the Betterment of Living and Health. Chair: Thomas Zane. Meeting Level 1; Room 103.
- 11-11:50am. #238. Bringing Behavior Science into Medical Settings. Chair: Alison Szarko. Meeting Level 1: Room 153C
- 3-4:50pm. #304 Applications of Contingency Management to Support Healthy Behaviors. Chair: Matthew Novak. Meeting Level 1; Room 154.
- 3-4:50pm. #310 The Broad Utility of Behavioral Economics: Novel Applications for Sustainability, Health, and Industry. Chair: Meredith Berry. Meeting Level 1; Room 153A
- 4-4:50pm. #322 Turns, Flips, and Lifts: Applications of Behavior Analysis to Increase Sport Performance. Chair: Arezu Alami. Meeting Level 1; Room 102A.
- Monday May 30
- 9-9:50am. #430 Increasing Leisure and Physical Activity Engagement. Chair: Eileen M. Rosco. Meeting Level 2; Room 258C.
- 11-11:25am. #472 Addressing Health and Fitness During a Pandemic: Lesson Learned from the Field. Chair: Nicholas Green. Meeting Level 1: Room 104A.
- 11-11:50am. #474A Comprehensive Nutritional Interventions for Children and Adults with Autism. Chair: Erin Rasmussen. Meeting Level 2; Room 258B.
- 11-11:50am. #476 Motivation and Self-Regulation and Health Behavior Promotion. Chair: Vivian Ibanez. Ballroom Level 3; Ballroom East/West.
- 11:30-11:55am. #484 A Behaviorist on Mars: Lessons Learned from an Interdisciplinary Study on Stress Measurement. Chair: Laura Dudley. Meeting Level 1; Room 104A.
- 12-12:50pm. #498 Write, Dance, Play: Behavior Analysis and Precision Teaching in the Arts. Chair: Abigail Calkin. Meeting Level 2; Room 205B.
- 12-12:50pm. #502 What to Eat, When to Move: Lessons from Hunter-Gatherers. Chair: Jeanne Donaldson. Meeting Level 1; Room 151A/B.
- 12:30-12:55pm #508 Integrating Principles of Behavior Change and Public Health to Change Habits and Combat the Challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Chair: Richard Cook. Meeting Level 1; Room 104A.
- 3-4:50pm. #550 Productivity and Well-Being in University Settings: Psychological Flexibility Assessment and Training to Help Faculty Students. Chair: Chynna Brianne Frizell. Meeting Level 2; Room 205A.
- 4-5:50pm. #565 Behavioral Systemic Applications in Promoting Well-Being and Cultural Humility in Medical Education. Chair: Ramona Houmanfar. Meeting Level 1; Room 153A.
- 5-5:50pm. #569 Physical Activity, Drinking, and Smartphone Use During a Global Pandemic: Investigating Variables That Impact Choice Behavior Related to Health and Wellness. Chair: Meghan Deshais. Meeting Level 1; Room 103.
- Saturday May 28
- 30. Effects of Goal-Setting Methods on Basketball Dribbling Rate and Fluency. Alex Nieto
- 64. Are You Unhealthy? Let’s Fix It: An Evaluation of Virtual Behavior Interventions on Increasing Healthy Lifestyle Choices. Jane Goodman Tammik
- 72. Examining Relationships in Applied Behavior Analysis: Training in Compassion, Burnout, Self-Compassion, and Inflexibility. Catherine Mary Fuller
- 77. Pattern-Setting as a Behavioral Technology to Reduce Smoking Behavior. Juan Pablo Molan Gallardo
- Sunday May 29
- 1. Identifying Substitute Activities for Alcohol Consumption: A Preliminary Analysis. Sarah Catherine Weinsztok
- 26. Teaching Health Related Concepts to Adults with a Foreign Background: Application of Stimulus Equivalence Technology. Torunn Lian
- 29. Laboratory Model of Physical Activity: Relapse Following an Incentive-Based Intervention. Brianna Sarno
- 56. Examining the Effects of a Self-Compassion Intervention on Academic Burnout. Jenna Huskey
- 60. Dance Dance Revolution: Demonstrating Flexibility in Dance Utilizing LIFE Skill Emergence System. Shelby Blecha
- 63. Shape Up: A Review of the Effectiveness of Behavioral Interventions to Increase Physical Activity. Ashley Simone Owens
- 73. A Brief Zoom-Facilitated Mindful and Intuitive Eating Intervention to Decrease Disordered Eating. Angelica Aguirre
- Monday May 30
- 59. Discounting Health Outcomes: A Response to COVID-19. Sarah Catherine Weinsztok
- 60. Behavioral Science Meets Public Health. Jonathan Schulz
- 79. Evaluation of the Healthy Information Thinking Control for Episodic Future Thinking in Individuals with Diabetes. Jeremiah Michael Brown
Other Related Topics of Interest
- W18 - Help for BCBAs With Challenging Ethical Dilemmas: Avoiding Multiple Relationships, Confidentiality, and Limits to Confidentiality. Jeannie Golden. Thursday May 26, 4-7pm. Ethics CEUs
- W26 - An Applied Behavioral Medicine Approach to Addiction Recovery and Reanimation: Techniques from Public Health and Behavior Analysis Emphasizing Antecedent State as well as Consequence Management. Richard Cook & Matthew Gross. Friday May 27, 8-11am.
- W30 - The Applied Behavior Analysis Supervision Handbook: A Guide to Quality Fieldwork Experience. Hana Lynn Jurgens, Yulema Cruz and Karly Cordova. Friday May 27, 8-11am. Supervision CEUs
- W34 - Acceptance and Commitment Training for Applied Behavior Analysts: This is Great, But How Would I Do This. Thomas Szabo. Friday May 27, 8am-3pm.
- W62 - Self Reflective Practices. Roxanne Gayle. Friday May 27, 4-7pm. Ethics CEUs
This list may not be comprehensive. If we have missed adding your event, or if you have a recommendation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.